on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Pinon family come from? What is the Spanish Pinon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Pinon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Pinon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pino, Piñón, Piña, Pinar, Piñares, Pinilla, Pinillo, Piñol, Pinoy, Pineda, Piñero, Pinares, Pinhal, Pinon, Pinoy, Pinede, Pinet, Pinat, Le Pin, Pinelli and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pinon research. Another 486 words(35 lines of text) covering the years 1260, 1469, 1476, and 1763 are included under the topic Early Pinon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Pinon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Juan Pinon came to New Spain in 1564
Pinon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andres Pinon, aged 35, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1836
- Modesto Pinon, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Modesto Pinon who immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1860
- Evangelina Vigil Pinon (b. 1949), Mexican-American poet, translator, and television personality
- Dominique Pinon (b. 1955), French actor
- Guy Pinon, French actor
- Pasqual Pinon (1889-1929), known as The Two-Headed Mexican, was a performer with the Sells-Floto Circus in the early 1900s
- Nélida Pinon (b. 1937), Brazilian writer in Rio de Janeiro
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
The Pinon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Pinon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 March 2015 at 16:12.
on orders of $85 or more