Pineiro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Pineiro family
The surname Pineiro was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.The Pinelli-Walckenaer Atlas dated 1384 was in the possession of the Pinelli family of Venice for many years, until it was purchased in 1790 by the Baron Charles Athanase Walckenaer of Paris.
Early History of the Pineiro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pineiro research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1359, 1575, 1846, 1680, 1745, 1535, 1601 and 1640 are included under the topic Early Pineiro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pineiro Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pineiro, Pini, Pinelli, Pinello, Pinesso, Pinato, Pinna, Penna, Penniello, Pennarola, Pennino, Pani, Panello and many more.
Early Notables of the Pineiro family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Francesco Orazio Olivieri della Penna (1680-1745), a Capuchin missionary to Tibet who became prefect of the Tibetan Mission. Gian Vincenzo Pinelli (1535-1601) was...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pineiro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pineiro migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pineiro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- I Pineiro, aged 30, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1835 
- Juan Pineiro, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Juan Pineiro, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Jose Pineiro, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1870
- Jose Pineiro, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1870 
Contemporary Notables of the name Pineiro (post 1700) +
- Joel Alberto Piñeiro (b. 1978), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Modesto Pineiro, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Santander, 1884 
- Dolores M. Pineiro, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Puerto Rico, 1960 
- Cinthia Josefina Piñeiro Torres (b. 1986), Dominican Republic volleyball and beach volleyball player, member of the National Team
- Manuel Piñeiro Losada (1933-1998), known as Barba Roja, a Cuban political and military figure, the first head of Fidel Castro's security
- Joel Alberto Piñeiro (b. 1978), Puerto Rican Major League Baseball starting pitcher
- Víctor Miquel Moreno Piñeiro (b. 1951), Cuban painter
- Ramón Piñeiro (b. 1991), Spanish racing driver
- Manuel Piñeiro (1933-1998), Cuban political and military figure
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html