Peterman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Peterman family
The surname Peterman was first found in the Palatinate, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Peterman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Peterman research. Another 175 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1790, 1747, 1784, 1615, 1676, 1624, 1677, 1614, 1652, 1667, 1727, 1779, 1827, 1819, 1895, 1864, 1856 and 1918 are included under the topic Early Peterman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Peterman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Peter, Petter, Peeter, Peetter, Peater, Peatter, Peters, Petersen, Peer, Peers and many more.
Early Notables of the Peterman family (pre 1700)
Notables with the name Peterman during this period were Catharina Peeters (1615-1676), Flemish Baroque painter noted for painting seascapes; Johannes (or Jan) Peeters (1624-1677), a Flemish Baroque painter who specialized in seascapes and shipwrecks; Bonaventura Peeters the Elder (1614-1652), a Flemish painter, draughtsman and etcher; John Peeters or Pieters (1667-1727), born in Antwerp, Belgium, a Belgium painter related to Bonaventura Peeters who emigrated to England, nicknamed "Doctor Peeters" for his restoration of damaged pictures and drawings.
Another 76 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Peterman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Peterman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Peterman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Peterman, aged 25, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748 
- Johan Jacob Peterman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Michael Peterman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1750 
- Henrietta Peterman, who landed in New York, NY in 1751 
- Jacob Peterman, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1762 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Peterman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Peterman, who arrived in New York in 1836 
- Sebastian Peterman, who landed in Arkansas in 1886 
Contemporary Notables of the name Peterman (post 1700) +
- Dan Peterman, American internationally known artist
- Matthew Peterman, American screenwriter and film
- Eric Peterman (b. 1986), American football wide receiver
- William David "Bill" Peterman (1921-1999), Major League Baseball catcher
- Frank Winton Peterman (b. 1962), Democratic politician
- Stephen Frederick Peterman (b. 1982), American football guard
- Melissa Margaret Peterman (b. 1971), American actress
- Roberta Peterman (b. 1930), birth name of Roberta Peters, the American coloratura soprano awarded the National Medal of Arts in 1998
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)