Peruzzi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Peruzzi family
The surname Peruzzi was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany
, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Peruzzi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Peruzzi research.Another 171 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1260, 1284, 1527, 1335, 1343, 1343, 1345, 1481, 1537 and 1573 are included under the topic Early Peruzzi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Peruzzi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Peruzzi, Perugi, Perugia, Peruggi, Perugini, Perugino, Perusino and many more.
Early Notables of the Peruzzi family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Peruzzi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Peruzzi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Peruzzi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angelo Peruzzi, who arrived in New York in 1890, aboard the "Rhaetia"
- Nunzio Peruzzi, who settled in New York in 1891 aboard the "Burgundia"
Peruzzi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francesco Peruzzi, aged 44, who arrived in America from Dusllstina, Catanzaro, Italy, in 1911
- Guiseppe Peruzzi, aged 17, who arrived in America from Castelfrentani, Italy, in 1911
- Attilio Cecon Peruzzi, aged 1, who arrived in America from Dogna, Italy, in 1912
- Lorenzo Peruzzi, aged 6, who arrived in America from Arezzo, Italy, in 1914
- Luigi Peruzzi, aged 17, who arrived in America from Montecchio, Italy, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Peruzzi (post 1700)
- Angelo Peruzzi Cavaliere OMRI (b. 1970), Italian former World Cup-winning football goalkeeper
- Alberto Peruzzi, Professor in the department of Philosophy at the "Universita degli Studi di Firenza"
Peruzzi Family Crest Products