Perugini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Perugini family
The surname Perugini was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Perugini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Perugini research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1260, 1284, 1527, 1335, 1343, 1343, 1345, 1481, 1537 and 1573 are included under the topic Early Perugini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Perugini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Peruzzi, Perugi, Perugia, Peruggi, Perugini, Perugino, Perusino and many more.
Early Notables of the Perugini family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Perugini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Perugini migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Perugini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Angelo Perugini, aged 16, who settled in America from Naples, in 1893
Perugini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Perugini, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1901
- Antonio Perugini, aged 35, who immigrated to the United States from Poutelandolfo, in 1903
- Arcangela Perugini, aged 17, who landed in America from Casaldini, Italy, in 1913
- Bernardo Perugini, aged 44, who immigrated to America from Scherrino, Italy, in 1913
- Adolfo Perugini, aged 25, who immigrated to America from Sorano, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Perugini (post 1700) +
- Salvatore Perugini (b. 1978), Italian rugby union player
- Stefano Perugini (b. 1974), Italian former Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
- Angelo Augusto Perugini (1955-2021), Brazilian politician, Mayor of Hortolândia and was a member of the Legislative Assembly of São Paulo
- Charles Edward Perugini (1839-1918), born Carlo Perugini, an Italian-born English painter of the Victorian era
- Kate Perugini (1839-1929), baptised Catherine Elizabeth Macready Dickens, daughter of Charles Dickens, an English painter
Related Stories +