Peloquin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The French surname Peloquin is of nickname
origin, deriving from a physical characteristic or personal attribute of the initial bearer. In this case, the name is derived from the French expression "pele ocquin," a diminutive of "l'ocque" (a measure of weights) and referring obliquely to a luckless fellow, short on funds.
Early Origins of the Peloquin family
The surname Peloquin was first found in the region of Maine, where the family was well established with land and estates.
Early History of the Peloquin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Peloquin research.Another 164 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1534 and 1552 are included under the topic Early Peloquin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Peloquin Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Pelloquin, Pelocot, Peikan, Pellican, Pelouquier and many more.
Early Notables of the Peloquin family (pre 1700)
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Peloquin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Peloquin family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Peloquin Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Romeo Peloquin, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Albert J. Peloquin, aged 41, who emigrated to Manchester, NH, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Peloquin (post 1700)
- Bruce Peloquin (b. 1936), American politician, former member of the Wisconsin State Assembly and the Wisconsin State Senate
- C. Alexander "Alex" Peloquin (1918-1997), American composer of liturgical music
- Fred Peloquin (b. 1939), Canadian retired professional wrestler, known by his ring name "Puppy Dog Peloquin"
- Claude Péloquin (b. 1942), Québécois poet, writer, singer, songwriter, screenwriter and director
- Gaston Péloquin (1939-1994), Canadian politician, Member of Parliament for Brome-Missisquoi (1993-1994)
Peloquin Family Crest Products