Pawlik History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Pawlik family
The surname Pawlik was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Groningen, the most northerly province of Holland. Appingedam and Winschoten are very old towns with cattle and horse markets. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Pawlik family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pawlik research. Another 114 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1737, 1750, 1792, 1837, 1455, 1530, 1603, 1680, 1644 and 1714 are included under the topic Early Pawlik History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pawlik Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pauli, Paulli, Paulis, Paulie, Paulies, Paullis, Paulii, Pauliz, Paulliz and many more.
Early Notables of the Pawlik family (pre 1700)
From this era of Dutch history, those of this who distinguished themselves included Johannes Pauli (c.1455-1530) was a German Franciscan writer; Simon Paulli (1603-1680), a Danish physician and naturalist, Professor of...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pawlik Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pawlik migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pawlik Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Barb. Pawlik, who settled in Baltimore in 1869
- Adalbert Pawlik, who settled in Baltimore in 1869
- Antonia Pawlik, who settled in New York, NY in 1872
Contemporary Notables of the name Pawlik (post 1700)
- Sigmund Pawlik, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Illinois State Senate 9th District, 1938 
- Gregory J. Pawlik (b. 1947), American Republican politician, Candidate for Governor of California, 2003 
Historic Events for the Pawlik family
- Manfred Pawlik (1923-1941), German Matrose who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details