Pauer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Pauer family
The surname Pauer was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Pauer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pauer research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1815, 1848 and 1784 are included under the topic Early Pauer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pauer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Pauw, Pauwe, Pauwes, Pauws, Paauw, Paauws, Pauwez, Pauwz, de Pauw, Paw, de Paw and many more.
Early Notables of the Pauer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Pauer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pauer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pauer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Pauer, aged 42, who immigrated to the United States from Huttendorf, in 1892
- Lori Pauer, aged 46, who immigrated to the United States, in 1893
- Louis Pauer, aged 8, who landed in America, in 1893
Pauer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Henri Pauer, who settled in America, in 1903
- Anna Pauer, aged 3, who immigrated to America from Budapest, in 1903
- Johana Pauer, aged 36, who landed in America from Wien, in 1905
- Eugene Pauer, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1920
- Johanna Pauer, aged 40, who settled in America from Vienna, Austria, in 1922
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +