on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Italian Patti family come from? What is the Italian Patti family crest and coat of arms? When did the Patti family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Patti family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Patti, Pati, Pattia and others.
First found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina, on the Strait of Messina, the channel separating Sicily from mainland Italy. Messina is an ancient city, having been founded in the late 8th cent. B.C. by Greek colonists.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Patti research. Another 365 words(26 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1300, and 1492 are included under the topic Early Patti History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 112 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Patti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Patti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Patti, aged 37, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1906
- Angela Patti, aged 36, who emigrated to America from Moutemaggiore, Sicily, in 1910
- Agostino Patti, aged 2, who settled in America from Terrasini, Sicily, in 1910
- Agata Patti, aged 29, who landed in America from Riposto, Sicily, in 1911
- Angela Patti, aged 8, who landed in America from Marsala, Sicily, in 1912
- Andrew S Patti, American businessman, president and CEO of the Dial Corp. from 1967 to 1996
- Adelina Patti (1843-1919), Spanish-born Italian opera singer, one of the most highly regarded Opera singers of the 19th century
- Guesch Patti (b. 1946), French singer
- Luis Abelardo Patti (b. 1952), Argentine politician
- Carlotta Patti (1840-1889), 19th century operatic soprano
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
The Patti Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Patti Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 April 2014 at 12:10.
on orders of $85 or more