Patti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Patti family
The surname Patti was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina, on the Strait of Messina, the channel separating Sicily from mainland Italy. Messina is an ancient city, having been founded in the late 8th cent. B.C. by Greek colonists.
Early History of the Patti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Patti research. Another 128 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1300, and 1492 are included under the topic Early Patti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Patti Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Patti, Pati, Pattia and others.
Early Notables of the Patti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Ansaldo Patti, who encouraged the arrival of the Normans in Sicily: he was one of the three persons designated as ambassadors of Messina to urge Count Ruggiero of Calabria to liberate Sicily from the Moors. Lucio Patti, considered a brave warrior, conquered the cities of Girgenti and...
Another 56 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Patti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Patti is the 12,357th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Patti migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Patti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Patti, aged 37, who landed in America from Palermo, in 1906
- Angela Patti, aged 36, who immigrated to America from Moutemaggiore, Sicily, in 1910
- Agostino Patti, aged 2, who settled in America from Terrasini, Sicily, in 1910
- Agata Patti, aged 29, who landed in America from Riposto, Sicily, in 1911
- Angela Patti, aged 8, who landed in America from Marsala, Sicily, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Patti (post 1700) +
- Andrew S Patti, American businessman, president and CEO of the Dial Corp. from 1967 to 1996
- Carlotta Patti (1840-1889), Italian vocalist, born at Florence, daughter of a singer named Salvator Patti, a native of Catania (d. 1869); she made her first appearance in 1861 as a concert singer at the Academy of Music in New York
- Luis Abelardo Patti (b. 1952), Argentine politician
- Guesch Patti (b. 1946), French singer
- Adelina Patti (1843-1919), Spanish-born Italian opera singer, one of the most highly regarded Opera singers of the 19th century
- Patti McGuire Strong, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1996
- Patti Duce, American two-time Primetime Emmy nominated producer, known for her work on Penn & Teller: Bullshit! (2003), Best Ink (2012) and Penn & Teller: Off the Deep End (2005)
- Patti Rutland, American choreographer and the artistic director of Patti Rutland Jazz
- Patti Stanger (b. 1961), American matchmaker and television personality, known for starring and producing her reality series, The Millionaire Matchmaker, founder and CEO of Millionaire's Club International Inc
- Patti Webster (1964-2013), American entertainment publicist and author who represented notable recording artists, athletes, and actors, including Janet Jackson, Alicia Keys, Usher, Halle Berry, Chris Paul and Holly Robinson Peete
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm