The Pascuzzo surname is derived from the Italian word "pasqua," which means "Easter," the Christian holiday that celebrates the resurrection of Christ. As a surname, Pascuzzo was most likely originally a nickname
for a person who was born on Easter day. The word "pasqua" is derived from the ecclesiastical Latin word "Pascha," which in turn comes from the Greek "Pascha" and the Hebrew
"Pesah" (through the Aramaic "Pisha"). Pesah was the holiday which celebrated the liberation of the people of Israel from the slavery in Egypt and coincided with the Christian holiday.
Early Origins of the Pascuzzo family
The surname Pascuzzo was first found in the area of Venice
, although branches of this surname are found in Genoa, Naples, Sicily
, Ferrara, Florence, Bologna and Siena.
Early History of the Pascuzzo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pascuzzo research.Another 354 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1120, 1559, 1599, and 1616 are included under the topic Early Pascuzzo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pascuzzo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: DiPasqua, Pasca, Paschetti, Paschetto, Paschi, Paschini, Pasco, Pascolit, Pascolato, Pascoletti, Pascoli, Pascolini, Pascolo, Pascolutti, Pascot, Pascotti, Pascucci, Pasculli, Pascutti, Pascutto, Pascuzzi, Pascuzzo, Pasqua, Pasquati, Pasquato, Pasquazzo, Pasquelli, Pasquetti, Pasqui, Pasquasi, Pasquinelli, Pasquini, Pasquino, Pasquinucci, Pasquinuzzi and many more.
Early Notables of the Pascuzzo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Pascuzzo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Pascuzzo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pascuzzo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Virginia Pascuzzo, aged 31, who landed in America from Pasenti, in 1900
- Antonio Pascuzzo, aged 25, who landed in America from Bianchi, Italy, in 1902
- Faustina Pascuzzo, aged 20, who settled in America from Parenti, Italy, in 1907
- Laura Pascuzzo, aged 23, who landed in America from Motta S. Lucia, Italy, in 1907
- Laurie Pascuzzo, aged 23, who emigrated to America from Motta S.Lucia, Italy, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Pascuzzo (post 1700)
- Bianca Pascuzzo, American movie Production Manager
- Christopher "Chris" Pascuzzo, American Art Department specialist, best known for his work on Minority Report and Apollo 13 (1995)
- Alessandro Pascuzzo (b. 1969), Italian director, best known for Don't Move (2004)