Papadopoulos History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Papadopoulos surname is derived from the Classical Greek "pappas," with the patronymic
suffix "opoulos;" put together, the name means "the son of the priest."
Early Origins of the Papadopoulos family
The surname Papadopoulos was first found in the islands of Crete and Candia.
Early History of the Papadopoulos family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Papadopoulos research.Another 280 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1821 and 1833 are included under the topic Early Papadopoulos History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Papadopoulos Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Papadoupolis, Papadopoulos, Papadopolis and many more.
Early Notables of the Papadopoulos family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Papadopoulos Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Papadopoulos family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Papadopoulos Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alexandra Papadopoulos, aged 19, who settled in America from Athens, Greece, in 1908
- Christos Papadopoulos, aged 25, who landed in America from Sirbani, Greece, in 1909
- Christos Papadopoulos, aged 25, who settled in America from Agoulinitsa, Greece, in 1910
- Athanasia Papadopoulos, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Courtagia, Greece, in 1910
- Alexandros Papadopoulos, aged 19, who landed in America from Nemea, Greece, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Papadopoulos (post 1700)
- Tassos Papadopoulos (b. 1934), President of Cypress (2000-2008)
- George Papadopoulos (1919-1999), Greek political leader who led a military junta that seized power in Greece in 1967. He was tried for treason with the restoration of constitutional government in 1974
- Demetrios Papadopoulos, Associate Professor in the Department of Physics at Aristotle University in Greece
- Lazaros Papadopoulos (b. 1980), Greek basketball player, member of the national team
- Dimitrios Papadopoulos (1914-1991), Archbishop of Constantinople and Ecumenical Patriarch of the Eastern Orthodox Church from 1972-91
Historic Events for the Papadopoulos family
- Christos Michael Papadopoulos (1943-1988), American Passenger from North Lawrence, New York, America, who flew aboard the Pan Am Flight 103 from Frankfurt to Detroit, known as the Lockerbie bombing in 1988 and died CITATION[CLOSE]
Pan Am Flight 103's victims: A list of those killed 25 years ago | syracuse.com. (Retrieved 2014, April 9) . Retrieved from http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/12/pan_am_flight_103s_victims_a_list_of_those_killed_25_years_ago.html
Papadopoulos Family Crest Products
- ^ Pan Am Flight 103's victims: A list of those killed 25 years ago | syracuse.com. (Retrieved 2014, April 9) . Retrieved from http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/12/pan_am_flight_103s_victims_a_list_of_those_killed_25_years_ago.html