Paola History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Paola comes from the personal name Paolo, the Italian equivalent of Paul. The popularity of this name was originally due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures.
Early Origins of the Paola family
The surname Paola was first found in the port city of Genoa. Early records list the physician Gherardo de Paolo, as "one of the 12 wisest men in Genoa in 1315."
Early History of the Paola family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Paola research. Another 24 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1798, 1837, 1419, 1603, 1681, 1642 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Paola History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Paola Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paoli, Paolo, Paola, Pauli, Poli, Polo, De Paoli, De Paolis, Paulich, Paolella, Paolillo, Paulillo, Pavolillo, Paoletti, Pauletti, Pauletto, Poletti, Poletto, Polet, Paolini, Paolin, Paolinelli, Paulini, Paulin, Polini, Pavolini, Paolucci, Paulucci, Polucci, Pauluzzi, Poluzzi, Paolicchi, Paolotti, Polotti, Polotto, Paolozzi, Paoloni, Paolone, Paulon, Poloni, Polon, Paolacci, Polacci, Paulazzi, Polazzi, Paolanti, Polato, Polesso, Paoleiri and many more.
Early Notables of the Paola family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Paolo da Firenze (d. 1419), Italian composer, theorist, and monk, a member of the Camaldolese order; Aretino Paolo, a 16th century church musician, composer, and choirmaster of the Arezzo Cathedral; Pietro Paolini (1603-1681), an Italian painter of the Baroque period...
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Paola Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Paola family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: C.J. and G.C. Paoli, ages 4 and 34, respectively, who arrived in New York City in 1849; Samuele Paoletti, age 34, who arrived in New York on Sept. 26, 1883 aboard the ".
Contemporary Notables of the name Paola (post 1700) +
- Danna Paola Rivera Munguía (b. 1995), better known as Danna Paola, a Mexican singer, actress, model, fashion designer and recording artist
- Mariana Paola Vicente Morales (b. 1989), Puerto Rican actress, model and beauty pageant titleholder, Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2010
- Andrea Paola Krum (b. 1970), Argentine actress, singer and dancer
- Paola Mastrocola, Italian winner of the Rapallo Carige Prize in 2001
- Paola Iannello, Italian producer, known for Belinda: Un Reality Sobre Mi Vida (2011)
- Paola Cavalieri (b. 1950), Italian philosopher
- Paola Corso, American fiction writer, poet, and essayist
- Paola Laura Ruggeri Ghigo (1961-1983), Venezuelan model, Miss Venezuela 1983
- Paola Celli (b. 1967), Italian synchronized swimmer at the 1992 and 1996 Summer Olympics
- Paola Barbato (b. 1971), Italian writer and cartoonist
Related Stories +