on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Palomo family come from? What is the Spanish Palomo family crest and coat of arms? When did the Palomo family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Palomo family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paloma, Palloma, Palama, Palomares, Palomar, Palomer, Palomaro, Pallomar and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain where they held a family seat.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palomo research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1271 and 1693 are included under the topic Early Palomo History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Palomo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Garcia Palomo who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1535
- Antonio Palomo who immigrated to Colombia in 1559
Palomo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Perico Palomo, who landed in America in 1813
- Gonzalo Palomo, who landed in America in 1817
- Garcia Palomo, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Francisco Palomo, who landed in New Spain in 1836
- Ramon Palomo who was naturalized in Mobile, Alabama in 1849
- Eduardo Palomo (1962-2003), American actor
- Victor Palomo, Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle racing driver
- Ana Belén Palomo (b. 1977), Spanish Olympic freestyle swimmer
- Gene Palomo, Filipino television director
- Bo Palomo, Filipino television director
- Víctor Mena Palomo, Governor of Yucatán (1953 - 1958)
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Palomo Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Palomo Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2010 at 15:35.
on orders of $85 or more