The Palazzi surname is the patronymic
or plural form of Palazzo; which is a habitational name, created a place name such as Palazzo Adriano in Palermo province, Sicily; Palazzo San Gervasio in Potenza province; or possibly from Palazzo Canavese in Turin province. These place names are all rooted in the Italizn word "palazzo," which means "palace."
Early Origins of the Palazzi family
The surname Palazzi was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family are recorded in Milano in 1277.
Early History of the Palazzi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palazzi research.Another 392 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1212, 1279, 1288, and 1462 are included under the topic Early Palazzi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Palazzi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Palazzi, Palazzo, Pallazi, Pallazzi, Pallazzo, Palozzi, Pallozzo, Palozi, Pallozzi, Palozzi, Palozzo and many more.
Early Notables of the Palazzi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Corrado Palazzi, Captain of the Brescia militia during the battle with Trent in 1279, of the Ghibeline faction, he became mayor of Piacenza in 1288... Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Palazzi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Palazzi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Palazzi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Giuseppe Palazzi, age 27, who arrived in New York on May 21, 1883 aboard the "Assyria"
- Domenico Palazzi, age 45, who arrived in New York on Dec. 2, 1886 aboard the "Caschernire"
- Adamo Palazzi, age 46, who arrived in America on July 24, 1893, aboard the "La Bretagne"
Contemporary Notables of the name Palazzi (post 1700)
- Lou Palazzi (b. 1921), American National Football League (NFL) umpire for over 30 years
- Togo Anthony Palazzi (b. 1932), retired American basketball player
- Carlo Palazzi, Italian fashion designer, quite possibly the first Italian designer to license his name in America
- Osvaldo Palazzi, Italian gymnast
- Massimo Palazzi, leader of Italian Muslim Assembly and a co-founder and a co-chairman of the Islam-Israel Fellowship in Italy