Paladino History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Paladino surname is the patronymic or plural form of Palazzo; which is a habitational name, created a place name such as Palazzo Adriano in Palermo province, Sicily; Palazzo San Gervasio in Potenza province; or possibly from Palazzo Canavese in Turin province. These place names are all rooted in the Italizn word "palazzo," which means "palace."
Early Origins of the Paladino family
The surname Paladino was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family are recorded in Milano in 1277.
Early History of the Paladino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Paladino research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1212, 1279, 1288, and 1462 are included under the topic Early Paladino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Paladino Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Palazzi, Palazzo, Pallazi, Pallazzi, Pallazzo, Palozzi, Pallozzo, Palozi, Pallozzi, Palozzi, Palozzo and many more.
Early Notables of the Paladino family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Corrado Palazzi, Captain of the Brescia militia during the battle with Trent in 1279, of the Ghibeline faction, he became mayor of Piacenza in 1288...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Paladino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Paladino migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Paladino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angiolino Paladino, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from S. Lorenzo, Italy, in 1907
- Angela Paladino, aged 19, who landed in America from Bagheria, Sicily, in 1909
- Antonia Paladino, aged 4, who immigrated to the United States from Chiaramonte, Sicily, in 1909
- Alfredo Paladino, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Sala Consilina, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Paladino, aged 18, who settled in America from Salaconschia, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Paladino (post 1700) +
- Carl Paladino (b. 1946), American businessman, former Chief Executive Officer of Ellicott Development Company
- Giovanni Paolo Paladino (1540-1560), Italian composer and lutenist from Milan
- Mimmo Paladino (b. 1948), Italian sculptor, painter and printmaker
- Giuseppe "Joe" Paladino, English football coach and former professional player
- Juan Paladino (b. 1925), Uruguayan Olympic fencer
- Silvie Paladino (b. 1971), Australian singer
Related Stories +