on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Palacios family come from? What is the Spanish Palacios family crest and coat of arms? When did the Palacios family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Palacios family history?Many surnames were derived from notable geographic features in the vicinity of where the individuals lived. Palacios is derived from the Spanish word "palaciao," meaning a "palace," and as a surname, was no doubt taken on by someone who lived near a palace or mansion, or perhaps by someone who worked there.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Palacio, Palacios and others.
First found in Vizcaya, the ancient Basque country.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palacios research. Another 314 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1541, 1650, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Palacios History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Palacios Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Palacios Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Palacios, who arrived in America in 1811
- Jose Felix Phica Palacios, aged 34, landed in New Orleans, La in 1820
- Alonso De Palacios, who landed in America in 1828
- R Palacios, aged 39, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Diego De Palacios, who arrived in Venezuela in 1834
- Robert Rey Palacios (b. 1962), former American Major League Baseball catcher
- Miguel Asín Palacios (1871-1944), Spanish scholar (an Arabist ), and a Roman Catholic priest
- Lucía Palacios (b. 1972), Spanish film director, producer and owner of a film and music label
- Odón Betanzos Palacios (1925-2007), Spanish writer
- Wilson Roberto Palacios (b. 1984), Honduran footballer
- Roberto Carlos Palacios (b. 1972), Peruvian football mid-fielder
- Jerry Palacios (b. 1981), Honduran football striker
- Milton Palacios (b. 1980), Honduran football defender
- Vicente Palacios (b. 1963), former Mexican professional baseball player
- Raúl Alejandro Palacios (b. 1976), Chilean footballer
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Palacios Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Palacios Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 March 2014 at 09:38.
on orders of $85 or more