on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Palacios family come from? What is the Spanish Palacios family crest and coat of arms? When did the Palacios family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Palacios family history?Many surnames were derived from notable geographic features in the vicinity of where the individuals lived. Palacios is derived from the Spanish word "palaciao," meaning a "palace," and as a surname, was no doubt taken on by someone who lived near a palace or mansion, or perhaps by someone who worked there.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Palacio, Palacios and others.
First found in Vizcaya, the ancient Basque country.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palacios research. Another 314 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1541, 1650, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Palacios History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Palacios Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Palacios Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Palacios, who arrived in America in 1811
- Jose Felix Phica Palacios, aged 34, landed in New Orleans, La in 1820
- Alonso De Palacios, who landed in America in 1828
- R Palacios, aged 39, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Diego De Palacios, who arrived in Venezuela in 1834
- Robert Rey Palacios (b. 1962), former American Major League Baseball catcher
- Miguel Asín Palacios (1871-1944), Spanish scholar (an Arabist ), and a Roman Catholic priest
- Lucía Palacios (b. 1972), Spanish film director, producer and owner of a film and music label
- Odón Betanzos Palacios (1925-2007), Spanish writer
- Wilson Roberto Palacios (b. 1984), Honduran footballer
- Roberto Carlos Palacios (b. 1972), Peruvian football mid-fielder
- Jerry Palacios (b. 1981), Honduran football striker
- Milton Palacios (b. 1980), Honduran football defender
- Vicente Palacios (b. 1963), former Mexican professional baseball player
- Raúl Alejandro Palacios (b. 1976), Chilean footballer
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Palacios Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Palacios Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 May 2015 at 18:53.
on orders of $85 or more