Palacio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Many surnames were derived from notable geographic features in the vicinity of where the individuals lived. Palacio is derived from the Spanish word "palaciao," meaning a "palace," and as a surname, was no doubt taken on by someone who lived near a palace or mansion, or perhaps by someone who worked there.
Early Origins of the Palacio family
The surname Palacio was first found in Vizcaya, the ancient Basque country.
Early History of the Palacio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Palacio research. Another 41 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1541, 1650, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Palacio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Palacio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Palacio, Palacios and others.
Early Notables of the Palacio family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of the family name at this time was the Palacios family of Navarre, who were granted arms in 1541. Diego Palacios del Portal was...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Palacio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Palacio is the 6,896th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Palacio is ranked the 8,715th most popular surname with an estimated 500 - 1,000 people with that name. 
Palacio migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Palacio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Palacio, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803 
- Gregorio Palacio, aged 41, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Josefa Palacio, aged 39, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Jose Palacio, aged 34, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1835 
- Cristobal De Palacio, who landed in Florida in 1838 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Palacio (post 1700) +
- Milt Palacio (b. 1978), Belizean American basketball player
- Alberto Palacio (1856-1939), Spanish engineer and architect
- Carlos Emilio Fajardo Palacio (b. 1905), Colombian economist
- Rodrigo Palacio (b. 1982), Argentine footballer
- Héctor Palacio (b. 1969), Colombian road racing cyclist
- Ernesto Palacio (b. 1946), Peruvian tenor
- Andy Palacio (1960-2008), Belizean musician
- Alfredo Palacio (b. 1939), President of Ecuador (2005-2007)
- Armando Palacio Valdés (1853-1938), Spanish novelist and critic
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)