The prestigious surname Pachon originated in Spain
, a country which has figured prominently in world affairs for hundreds of years. The name Pachon became a hereditary surname in Spain
after it was brought from Portugal. This ancient surname dates back to Roman times and in 92 BC, a Roman general named Vivio Pacieco, who descended from Lucio Viminio Pacieco, served Julius Caesar in Andalucía. One of Vivio's descendants, Don Diego López Pacheco, who was also known as "el Grande" and was Ricohombre of Portugal, was the first bearer of this name in Spain.
Early Origins of the Pachon family
The surname Pachon was first found in Castile
, prominent among the Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Pachon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pachon research.Another 165 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1380, 1532, 1574, 1563, 1615, 1607, 1610, 1599, 1653, 1640, 1642, 1564, 1644, 1606, 1663, 1649 and 1718 are included under the topic Early Pachon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pachon Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Pachon family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Don Francisco Pacheco, 4th Duke of Escalona (1532-1574); Don Juan Fernández Pacheco, (1563-1615), 5th Duke of Escalona, 5th Marquis of Villena and 5th Count of Xiquena, a Spanish nobleman, Viceroy of Sicily
(1607-1610); Don Diego Roque López Pacheco Cabrera y Bobadilla, 7th Duke of... Another 62 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pachon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Pachon family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pachon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philippe Alphuna Pachon, aged 27, who arrived in America from Geneva, in 1898
Pachon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Petros Pachon, aged 20, who arrived in America from Assonan, Egypt, in 1908
- Danylo Pachon, aged 26, who arrived in America from Boberka, Austria, in 1910
- Fernando Pachon, aged 37, who arrived in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1916
- Rozalia Pachon, aged 32, who arrived in America from Marienberg, Czechoslovakia, in 1920
- Giovanni Pachon, aged 20, who arrived in America from Nesochorion, Italy, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Pachon (post 1700)
- Valentín Sergio Pachón Mosquero (b. 1977), Spanish footballer
- Juan Manuel Galán Pachón (b. 1971), Colombian politician, son of the assassinated politician, and presidential candidate, Luis Carlos Galán Sarmiento
- Maruja Pachón (b. 1948), Colombian kidnap victim who was offered the position of Minister for Education in 1993 after her release
- Pablo César Pachón Henao (b. 1983), Colombian football defender
- Michel Victor Pachon (1867-1938), French physiologist, professor of physiology at the medical faculty of the University of Bordeaux