on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Osorio family come from? What is the Spanish Osorio family crest and coat of arms? When did the Osorio family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Osorio family history?The Osorio surname is a habitational name derived from the place name Orozco in Bilbao in the Basque region, in the province of Biscay.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Orozco, Oroz, Orosco, Orozqueta and others.
First found in the Basque region, in the northern Iberian peninsula.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Osorio research. Another 267 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1630 and 1705 are included under the topic Early Osorio History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 109 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Osorio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Osorio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hernando Osorio, who landed in America in 1827
- Diego Osorio, who landed in America in 1830
- Akjo Osorio, who arrived in Venezuela in 1834
- Francisco Osorio, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Pedro Osorio, who landed in Peru in 1837
- Kimberly Osorio (b. 1974), American hip-hop journalist
- Mariano de Osorio (1777-1819), Spanish general and Governor of Chile
- Francisco Meneses Osorio (1630-1705), Spanish painter
- General Arturo Puga Osorio (1879-1970), Chilean military officer,Chairman of Government Junta in 1932
- Ricardo Osorio (b. 1980), Mexican international football defender
- Fernando Osorio, Venezuelan singer-songwriter
- Jerónimo Osório (1506-1580), Portuguese historian
- Manuel Luís Osório (1808-1879), Marquis of Erval, was a Brazilian military officer, monarchist and politician
- José Luis Osorio (b. 1980), Mexican professional football player
- Diego Osorio (b. 1970), former Colombian footballer
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
The Osorio Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Osorio Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 January 2014 at 11:28.
on orders of $85 or more