Orozco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Orozco surname is a habitational name derived from the place name Orozco in Bilbao in the Basque region, in the province of Biscay.
Early Origins of the Orozco family
The surname Orozco was first found in the Basque region, in the northern Iberian peninsula.
Early History of the Orozco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Orozco research. Another 134 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1630 and 1705 are included under the topic Early Orozco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Orozco Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Orozco, Oroz, Orosco, Orozqueta and others.
Early Notables of the Orozco family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of the family name at this time was Alonso de Orozco, a mystic writer of the sixteenth century, author of "Historia de la Reina Sabá"; sixteenth century sculptor Juan Orozco...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Orozco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Orozco is the 1,089th most popular surname with an estimated 27,357 people with that name. 
Orozco migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Orozco Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Jerónimo de Orozco, who sailed to America in 1511
- Sancho de Orozco, who sailed to America in 1513
- Costanza Orozco, who sailed to Peru in 1553
- Alberto de Orozco, who sailed to New Spain in 1576
- Pedro de Orozco, who sailed to Colombia in 1576
Orozco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio De Orozco, who landed in San Juan Island in 1811 
- Jeronimo De Orozco, who arrived in America in 1811 
- Francisco De Orozco, who arrived in America in 1813 
- Sancho De Orozco, who arrived in America in 1813 
- Juan De Orozco, who landed in America in 1828 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Orozco (post 1700) +
- Gerard Orozco, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1988; Presidential Elector for California, 2000 
- Antonio Orozco (b. 1972), Spanish singer-songwriter
- Rafael Orozco (1946-1996), Spanish classical concert pianist
- José de Castro y Orozco (1808-1869), Spanish politician, poet and playwright
- Ezequiel Francisco Orozco Padilla (1988-2018), Mexican professional football forward who played 126 matches from 2009 to 2016
- Gabriel Orozco (b. 1962), Mexican visual artist
- Ana Teresa Aranda Orozco (b. 1954), Mexican politician affiliated to the National Action Party
- Maria Esther Orozco (b. 1945), award-winning Mexican biologist, researcher, and politician
- Ana María Orozco (b. 1973), Colombian television actress
- Pascual Orozco (1882-1915), Mexican revolutionary leader
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html