on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Ornelas family come from? What is the Spanish Ornelas family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ornelas family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ornelas family history?The Ornelas surname is a habitational name derived from the place name Orozco in Bilbao in the Basque region, in the province of Biscay.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Orozco, Oroz, Orosco, Orozqueta and others.
First found in the Basque region, in the northern Iberian peninsula.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ornelas research. Another 267 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1630 and 1705 are included under the topic Early Ornelas History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 109 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ornelas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ornelas Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francisco Ornelas, aged 21, who landed in America, in 1919
- Jose de Ornelas, aged 18, who emigrated to America from Madeira, Portugal, in 1920
- Samuel Ornelas, aged 20, who landed in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1923
- Fernando Franco de Ornelas (b. 1976), former Venezuelan footballer
- Enrique Andrade Ornelas (b. 1980), Mexican boxer
- Hélder Mendes Abreu Ornelas (b. 1974), Portuguese long-distance runner
- Óscar Ornelas (1920-2000), Mexican lawyer and politician
- Aires de Ornelas (1837-1880), Portuguese Roman Catholic Archbishop of Goa
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Ornelas Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ornelas Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 April 2015 at 15:01.
on orders of $85 or more