on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Ornelas surname is a habitational name derived from the place name Orozco in Bilbao in the Basque
region, in the province of Biscay.
The surname Ornelas was first found in the Basque
region, in the northern Iberian peninsula.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Orozco, Oroz, Orosco, Orozqueta and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ornelas research. Another 267 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1630 and 1705 are included under the topic Early Ornelas History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 109 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ornelas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ornelas Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francisco Ornelas, aged 21, who landed in America, in 1919
- Jose de Ornelas, aged 18, who emigrated to America from Madeira, Portugal, in 1920
- Samuel Ornelas, aged 20, who landed in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1923
- Aires de Ornelas (1837-1880), Portuguese Roman Catholic Archbishop of Goa
- Óscar Ornelas (1920-2000), Mexican lawyer and politician
- Hélder Mendes Abreu Ornelas (b. 1974), Portuguese long-distance runner
- Enrique Andrade Ornelas (b. 1980), Mexican boxer
- Fernando Franco de Ornelas (b. 1976), former Venezuelan footballer
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Ornelas Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ornelas Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 May 2016 at 16:33.
on orders of $85 or more