Oppelt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Oppelt family
The surname Oppelt was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Oppelt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Oppelt research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Oppelt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Oppelt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Appledorn, vane Appeldorn, Apeldorn, van Apeldorn, Apeldorne, van Apeldorne, van Apeldoorn, Apeldoorn, van Apeldoorne, Apeldoorne, Apelthorn, van Apelthorn, Apeltorn, van Apeltorn, van Appeltorn, Appeltorn, van Appelthorn, van Apeltern and many more.
Early Notables of the Oppelt family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Oppelt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Oppelt migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Oppelt Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Gottfried Sebastian Oppelt, who settled in America in 1793
Oppelt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Benjamin Oppelt, who settled in North Carolina in 1829
- Bartel Oppelt, who arrived in New York, NY in 1867
- Adam Oppelt, who settled in New York, NY in 1867
- Martin Oppelt, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1877
- Franz Oppelt, who settled in New York, NY in 1883
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Oppelt (post 1700) +
- Kurt Oppelt (1932-2015), Austrian three-time gold, two-time silver and bronze medalist pair figure skater
Related Stories +