The distinguished surname Oliveras, like many Spanish family names, is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames
were the patronymic
surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Early Origins of the Oliveras family
The surname Oliveras was first found in Aragon
, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain
. Today, Olivares is a city in the province of Seville having a population of 8,729 inhabitants as of 2005.
Early History of the Oliveras family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Oliveras research.Another 397 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469 and 1235 are included under the topic Early Oliveras History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Oliveras Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Oliva, de Oliva, Olivas, Olivo, Olivos, Oliver, de Oliver, Olivé, Olive, Olivera, Oliveras, Olivero, Oliveros, de Oliveros, Olivérez, Oliverez, Olives, Olivar, Olivares and many more.
Early Notables of the Oliveras family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Oliveras Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Oliveras family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: conquistador Gabriel de Olivares, who received a Grant of Arms from King Charles I in 1536; in recognition of his services to the Crown. Other early migrants to the New World included Domingo de Oliveros, who sailed to America in 1510.
Contemporary Notables of the name Oliveras (post 1700)
- David Oliveras, award-winning American director
- Jorge Alberto De Oliveras (b. 1982), Argentine football goalkeeper
- Diego Oliveras (b. 1968), Argentine actor
- Fernando Oliveras (b. 1956), Peruvian politician
- Benjamin Oliveras (b. 1981), French football defender
- Blas Oliveras, Puerto Rican politician and Mayor of Ponce, Puerto Rico
- Francisco Javier Oliveras (b. 1963), retired Puerto Rican Major League Baseball pitcher
- Max "Mako" Oliveras (b. 1946), Puerto Rican Minor League Baseball player