Olivera History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Olivera, like many Spanish family names, is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Early Origins of the Olivera family
The surname Olivera was first found in Aragon, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain. Today, Olivares is a city in the province of Seville having a population of 8,729 inhabitants as of 2005.
Early History of the Olivera family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olivera research. Another 199 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469 and 1235 are included under the topic Early Olivera History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Olivera Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Oliva, de Oliva, Olivas, Olivo, Olivos, Oliver, de Oliver, Olivé, Olive, Olivera, Oliveras, Olivero, Oliveros, de Oliveros, Olivérez, Oliverez, Olives, Olivar, Olivares and many more.
Early Notables of the Olivera family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olivera Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Olivera migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Olivera Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Simón de Olivera, who sailed to America in 1526
- Juan de Olivera, who sailed to Peru in 1567 with his daughter María
Olivera Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bonifacio Olivera, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Juan De Olivera, who arrived in Peru in 1867 
- Tomas De Olivera, who landed in Peru in 1867 
Contemporary Notables of the name Olivera (post 1700) +
- Joaquín Enrique Valerio Olivera (b. 1973), Spanish football player
- Neftalí Rivera Olivera (1948-2017), Puerto Rican basketball player at the 1972 Summer Olympics and the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Héctor Olivera (b. 1931), Argentine film director, producer and screenplay writer
- Ricardo Olivera, Argentine diplomat
- Érika Olivera (b. 1976), Chilean marathon runner
- Juan Manuel Olivera (b. 1981), Uruguayan football player
- Fernando Olivera (b. 1958), Peruvian politician
- Baldomero Olivera (b. 1938), Filipino chemist
- Héctor Olivera Lavié, Argentine novelist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)