on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Oliveira family come from? What is the Spanish Oliveira family crest and coat of arms? When did the Oliveira family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Oliveira family history?The distinguished surname Oliveira, like many Spanish family names, is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Oliva, de Oliva, Olivas, Olivo, Olivos, Oliver, de Oliver, Olivé, Olive, Olivera, Oliveras, Olivero, Oliveros, de Oliveros, Olivérez, Oliverez, Olives, Olivar, Olivares and many more.
First found in Aragon, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain. Today, Olivares is a city in the province of Seville having a population of 8,729 inhabitants as of 2005.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Oliveira research. Another 397 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469 and 1235 are included under the topic Early Oliveira History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 51 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Oliveira Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Oliveira Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Antonio Oliveira, who landed in New York in 1795
Oliveira Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Leocadia de Oliveira arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Adelaide" in 1858
- Nathan Oliveira (1928-2010), American painter, printmaker, and sculptor
- Ricardo Oliveira (b. 1980), Brazilian footballer
- Luis Airton Barroso Oliveira (b. 1969), former Brazilian- Belgian football player
- António Luís Alves Ribeiro de Oliveira (b. 1952), retired Portuguese football attacking midfielder and manager
- Oswaldo de Oliveira (b. 1950), Brazilian football manager
- Paulo César de Oliveira (b. 1973), Brazilian football referee
- Nelson Filipe Santos Simões Oliveira (b. 1989), Portuguese professional road racing cyclist
- Filipe Vilaça Oliveira (b. 1984), Portuguese footballer
- Clodoaldo de Oliveira (b. 1974), Brazilian footballer
- Alexandre Aparecido de Oliveira (b. 1979), Brazilian footballer
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Oliveira Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Oliveira Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 May 2015 at 08:55.
on orders of $85 or more