on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Olivares family come from? What is the Spanish Olivares family crest and coat of arms? When did the Olivares family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Olivares family history?The distinguished surname Olivares, like many Spanish family names, is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Oliva, de Oliva, Olivas, Olivo, Olivos, Oliver, de Oliver, Olivé, Olive, Olivera, Oliveras, Olivero, Oliveros, de Oliveros, Olivérez, Oliverez, Olives, Olivar, Olivares and many more.
First found in Aragon, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain. Today, Olivares is a city in the province of Seville having a population of 8,729 inhabitants as of 2005.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olivares research. Another 397 words(28 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469 and 1235 are included under the topic Early Olivares History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 51 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olivares Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso de Olivares sailed to America in 1513 with his son Francisco
- Fernando de Olivares sailed to Cartagena in 1534
- Gabriel de Olivares, who received a Grant of Arms from King Charles I in 1536 in recognition of his services to the Crown
- Alonso de Olivares sailed to the Spanish Main in 1538
Olivares Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan De Olivares, who arrived in America in 1810
- Pedro De Olivares, who landed in America in 1812
- Sebastian De Olivares, who arrived in America in 1812
- Alonso De Olivares, who arrived in America in 1813
- Domingo Olivares, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Manuel Olivares Lapeña (1909-1975), Spanish footballer
- Percy Celso Olivares Polanco (b. 1968), retired Peruvian footballer
- Edgar Rolando Olivares Burgoa (b. 1977), Bolivian football midfielder
- Rubén Olivares (b. 1947), former Mexican boxer, member of the Boxing Hall of Fame
- Maritza Olivares, Mexican actress
- Laureano Olivares (b. 1978), Venezuelan film and television actor
- Omar Olivares Palqu (b. 1967), Puerto Rican Major League Baseball former right-handed starting pitcher who played from 1990 to 2001
- Raúl Alejandro Olivares Gálvez (b. 1988), Chilean footballer
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Olivares Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Olivares Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 March 2015 at 14:01.
on orders of $85 or more