on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Olague family come from? What is the Spanish Olague family crest and coat of arms? When did the Olague family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Olague family history?The Olague surname is a habitational name that comes from the place name Olague in Navarre, which is derived from the Basque word "ola," meaning "a forge."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Olague, Olalde, Olavarria, Oliva, Olger, Olgier and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olague research. Another 402 words (29 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olague History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Olague Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Sebastian De Olague who came to New Spain in 1568
- Christina Olague (b. 1961), American senior and housing rights advocate and politician, Member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors (2012-2013)
- Timothy Olague (b. 1967), American music publisher, actor, film producer, and former Professional Roller Derby skater
- Cruz Olague, American politician, Mayor of Henderson, Nevada, 1973-75; Candidate for Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada, 1999
- Gustavo Olague, Professor of Computer Science at Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada (CICESE Research Center) in Mexico
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
The Olague Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Olague Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 December 2015 at 10:40.
on orders of $85 or more