Olague History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Olague surname is a habitational name that comes from the place name Olague in Navarre, which is derived from the Basque
word "ola," meaning "a forge."
Early Origins of the Olague family
The surname Olague was first found in Castile
, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Olague family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olague research.Another 402 words (29 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olague History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Olague Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Olague, Olalde, Olavarria, Oliva, Olger, Olgier and many more.
Early Notables of the Olague family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Olague Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Olague family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Olague Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Sebastian De Olague who settled in New Spain in 1568
Contemporary Notables of the name Olague (post 1700)
- Christina Olague (b. 1961), American senior and housing rights advocate and politician, Member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors (2012-2013)
- Timothy Olague (b. 1967), American music publisher, actor, film producer, and former Professional Roller Derby skater
- Cruz Olague, American politician, Mayor of Henderson, Nevada, 1973-75; Candidate for Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada, 1999 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Gustavo Olague, Professor of Computer Science at Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada (CICESE Research Center) in Mexico
Olague Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html