on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Olague family come from? What is the Spanish Olague family crest and coat of arms? When did the Olague family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Olague family history?The Olague surname is a habitational name that comes from the place name Olague in Navarre, which is derived from the Basque word "ola," meaning "a forge."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Olague, Olalde, Olavarria, Oliva, Olger, Olgier and many more.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Olague research. Another 402 words(29 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Olague History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Olague Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Sebastian De Olague who came to New Spain in 1568
- Timothy Olague (b. 1967), American music publisher, actor, film producer, and former Professional Roller Derby skater
- Christina Olague (b. 1961), American senior and housing rights advocate and politician, Member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors (2012-2013)
- Gustavo Olague, Professor of Computer Science at Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada (CICESE Research Center) in Mexico
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
The Olague Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Olague Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 February 2014 at 16:26.
on orders of $85 or more