on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Ochoa family come from? What is the Spanish Ochoa family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ochoa family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ochoa family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ochoa, Ogea, Ogeo, Ochoki, Ogier, Ocho, Oglo, Eugeinia and many more.
First found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ochoa research. Another 318 words(23 lines of text) covering the year 1542 is included under the topic Early Ochoa History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ochoa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Pedro Ochoa who arrived in the Dominican Republic in 1534
- Alonzo Ochoa who immigrated to Guatemala in 1557
- Garcia De Ochoa who came to Peru in 1577
Ochoa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Ochoa who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1810
- Jose Ochoa, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1810
- Juan Ochoa, who landed in Nicaragua in 1834
- Lope Ochoa, who arrived in Peru in 1834
- Pedro Ochoa, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1834
- Alex Ochoa (b. 1972), American Major League Baseball player
- Ellen Ochoa PH.D. (b. 1958), American former NASA Astronaut with over 978 hours in space, current Director of the Johnson Space Center
- Severo Ochoa de Albornoz (1905-1993), Spanish-American doctor and biochemist, and joint winner of the 1959 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine and the 1979 National Medal of Science
- Francisco Fernández Ochoa (1950-2006), Spanish skier, Olympic gold medalist in 1972
- Blanca Fernández Ochoa (b. 1963), Spanish skier, winner of the World Cup in Women's Slalom
- Eduardo López Ochoa y Portuondo (1877-1936), Spanish general
- Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña (b. 1985), Mexican footballer who plays for Spanish club Málaga
- Jesús Ochoa (b. 1959), Mexican actor
- Jesús Ochoa (b. 1981), Mexican soccer player who plays for Los Angeles Blues 23
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
The Ochoa Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ochoa Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 January 2015 at 12:48.
on orders of $85 or more