on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Czech
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Novotny Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Victor Novotny, who landed in Ohio in 1891
- Geeta Novotny, American mezzo-soprano, actor, published writer and columnist
- Nancy Novotny, radio personality and an American voice actress
- Ray Novotny, American Democrat politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly, 1933-35
- Joseph F. Novotny, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1960
- Clarence J. Novotny, American Democrat politician, Presidential Elector for California, 1940, 1948
- A. M. Novotny, American politician, Mayor of Mt. Vernon, Washington, 1954-57
- Antonín Novotny (1827-1871), Czech chess composer and lawyer
- Jan Novotny (1929-2005), Czech glass artist, painter and art teacher
- Jan Novotny (b. 1982), professional Czech football player
- Eduard Novotny (b. 1921), Czechoslovak bobsledder
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Novotny Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Novotny Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 December 2015 at 18:59.
on orders of $85 or more