Noren History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Noren family
The surname Noren was first found in various places throughout Sweden as the name is derived from the Old Norse word for north. The name was originally a topographic name adopted by someone who lived to the north of a main settlement. When surnames finally became mandatory in Sweden in the 19th century, Noren, or one of the many compound names created from it were often adopted ornamentally, that is, the bearers did not necessarily have any association with the meaning of the name. These compound names used such suffixes as "dahl" (valley), "stedt" (homestead), "ström" (river), and others.
Early History of the Noren family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Noren research. More information is included under the topic Early Noren History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Noren Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nord, Nordh, Noren, Norden, Norin, Nordin, Norell, Nordell, Norlin, Nordling, Norelius, Norberg, Nordberg, Norrby, Nordahl, Norqvist, Nordström and many more.
Early Notables of the Noren family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Noren Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Noren is the 16,050th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Noren migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Noren Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- P M Noren, aged 42, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831 
Contemporary Notables of the name Noren (post 1700) +
- Irving Arnold "Irv" Noren (1924-2019), American professional baseball and basketball player
- Eric Noren (b. 1977), American director of films, commercials and music videos
- Jack Noren (1929-1990), American jazz drummer and vocalist
- Wendy Noren, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Missouri, 2000 
- Alexander Norén (b. 1982), Swedish professional golfer on the European Tour
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html