Nogues History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Nogues family
The surname Nogues was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in West Flanders, a province in Belgium, originally Bruges. Within this province the notable towns are Bruges, the capital city, Ostend, Courtrai, Furnes, Thielt, Ypres and Roulers. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Important Dates for the Nogues family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nogues research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1618 and 1768 are included under the topic Early Nogues History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nogues Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Negus, Negos, Nagu, Naguet, Negas, Naiges, Nogues, Noguez and many more.
Early Notables of the Nogues family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Nogues Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nogues migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nogues Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manl Nogues, who settled in New Orleans in 1829
- Manl Nogues, aged 33, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
Contemporary Notables of the name Nogues (post 1700)
- Jean-François Xavier Noguès, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 frère du précédent; 
- Antoine Noguès, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, June 16) Jean-François Noguès. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, June 16) Antoine Noguès. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html