Nogueira History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The noble surname Nogueira is of Spanish descent and appears to be of habitation origin. The name Nogueira is derived from places of the same name located in Lugo and Pontevedra. This place name is derived from the Galician word "noguiera," meaning "walnut tree."
Early Origins of the Nogueira family
The surname Nogueira was first found in the Galician province of Lugo in the village of Nogueira. The earliest reference to the Nogueira family includes don Mendo Paes Nogueira who was a knight in "la Orden de los Templarios" in 1089.
Early History of the Nogueira family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nogueira research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nogueira History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nogueira Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Noguera, Noguer, Noguero, Nogueras, Nogueres and many more.
Early Notables of the Nogueira family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de estos nombres...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nogueira Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Nogueira is the 6,488th most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Migration of the Nogueira family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Esteban Noguer who arrived in the Spanish Main in 1557; Gaspar Noguera who settled in New Granada in 1569; Pedro Noguero who settled in Dominican Republic in 1576.
Contemporary Notables of the name Nogueira (post 1700) +
- Victor Nogueira (b. 1959), retired American soccer goalkeeper
- Casey Nicole Nogueira (b. 1989), U.S. soccer midfielder
- Camilo Nogueira (b. 1936), Spanish politician
- Bruno Nogueira (b. 1982), Portuguese actor, comedian, writer, and television host
- Paulinho Nogueira (1929-2003), Brazilian guitarist, composer and singer
- Jesus Nogueira (b. 1959), Cuban chess Grandmaster
- Diogo Nogueira (b. 1981), singer and songwriter from Brazil
- Emmerson Nogueira (b. 1972), Brazilian guitarist and songwriter
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira (b. 1976), Brazilian mixed martial artist
- Alexandre Franca "Pequeno" Nogueira (b. 1978), Brazilian Luta Livre fighter
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/