Nini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Nini surname is a patronymic or plural form of Nino.
Early Origins of the Nini family
The surname Nini was first found in Siena a city in Tuscany, capital of the province of Siena. Notable is the university but the cathedral and other fine buildings present a beauty, rich in Italian art which is unequalled. Many of the buildings are from the 12th, 13th and 14th century but the history precedes to the time of Augustus. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Nini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nini research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1717 and 1786 are included under the topic Early Nini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nini, Nino, Ninio and others.
Early Notables of the Nini family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Nini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Nini family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Alonso Nino, who arrived in America in 1526; Andres Nino, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1539; Martin Nino, who arrived in New Granada in 1588; Juana Nino, who came to New Spain in 1596.
Contemporary Notables of the name Nini (post 1700) +
- Rose Nini, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1980 
- Marianna Nini (1818-1887), Italian opera tic soprano
- Alessandro Nini (1805-1880), Italian composer of operas
- Enzo Nini (b. 1954), Italian saxophonist-flautist
- Achinoam Nini (b. 1969), leading Israeli international concert and recording artist
- Nini Roll Anker (1873-1942), Norwegian novelist and playwright
- Nini Rosso (1926-1994), Italian jazz trumpeter and composer
Related Stories +