Nicolini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Nicolini family
The surname Nicolini was first found in Verona, a city in Venetia Italy capital of the province of Verona. This ancient city was the chief town of the Cenomani, a Gaulish tribe and became a Latin town in 89 B.C. It became part of Lombardy(568,) Frankish, Bartolmeo ruled and died in 1304. It is said to be the home of Romeo and Juliet. The city is rich in churches, museums, galleries, paintings, sculptures, statues and monuments. The cathedral was consecrated in 1187. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family name had branched to Venice
by the 15th century. They also held estates on the Isle of Lesina in Dalmatia.
Early History of the Nicolini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nicolini research.Another 359 words (26 lines of text) covering the years 1363, 1437, and 1736 are included under the topic Early Nicolini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nicolini Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Nichelini, Nichelli, Nichesola, Nicolini and others.
Early Notables of the Nicolini family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nicolini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Nicolini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nicolini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- G. Nicolini, who arrived in San Francisco in 1851
- Ernest Nicolini, age 32, who arrived in America on Oct. 31, 1882, aboard the "Servia"
- Luigi Nicolini, age 25, who arrived in America on Oct. 5, 1883, aboard the "Suevia"
- Guiseppe Nicolini, who arrived in California in 1891
Nicolini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carlo Nicolini, who arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Angela Nicolini, aged 26, who landed in America from Maissana, Italy, in 1907
- Corinne Nicolini, aged 25, who emigrated to America from Bologna, Italy, in 1907
- Carolina Nicolini, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States from Collio, Italy, in 1909
- Antonia Nicolini, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Oleggio, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Nicolini Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Jean Baptiste Nicolini, age 25, who arrived in America on April 1, 1880, aboard the "Canada"
Contemporary Notables of the name Nicolini (post 1700)
- Jill Nicolini (b. 1978), American model, actress and reality TV show participant
- Enrico Nicolini (b. 1955), Italian professional former footballer and manager
- Giuseppe Nicolini (1788-1855), Italian writer in the early 19th century
- Giuseppe Nicolini (1762-1842), Italian composer
- Franco Nicolini (b. 1960), Italian ski mountaineer, mountain guide and mountain rescue instructor
- Ernesto Nicolini (1834-1898), French operatic tenor
Nicolini Family Crest Products