Newburger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Newburger family
The surname Newburger was first found in Bavaria, where the name Nueberg was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Important Dates for the Newburger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Newburger research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1697 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Newburger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Newburger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nueberg, Neuberg, Neuburg, Neuburger, Neubronner, Neuberger, Neubeck, Newberg and many more.
Early Notables of the Newburger family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Newburger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Newburger family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: J. Newberg, who settled in Philadelphia in 1818; Johan Neuberg, who arrived in New York, NY in 1884; Maria Neuberg, who arrived in New York, NY in 1868.
Contemporary Notables of the name Newburger (post 1700)
- William S. Newburger, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1928 
- May W. Newburger, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1972, 1984, 1988, 2000; Member of New York State Assembly 16th District, 1979-86 
- Joseph E. Newburger (b. 1853), American politician, Justice of New York Supreme Court 1st District, 1907-20 
- Harry W. Newburger, American politician, Delegate to New York State Constitutional Convention 12th District, 1915 
- Frank Newburger, Investment Banker
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html