Nevarez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Nevarez.The original bearer of the name Nevarez, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Nevarez family originally lived in the northern Spanish province of Navarra. The place-name Navarra is derived from the Basque word "nava," or "naba," which means "plain near the mountains."
Early Origins of the Nevarez family
The surname Nevarez was first found in Aragon, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Nevarez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nevarez research. Another 211 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1180, 1229, 1238, 1282, and 1469 are included under the topic Early Nevarez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nevarez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Navarro, Navaro, Navarra, Navarre, Navarrolas and others.
Early Notables of the Nevarez family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name Nevarez were sixteenth century Spanish engineer and officer Pedro Navarro; sixteenth century Spanish dramatist and actor Pedro Navarro; eighteenth century Spanish naval officer Juan José Navarro; Felipe Navarre, eighteenth century Spanish painter; nineteenth...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nevarez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nevarez migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nevarez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ceferino Nevarez, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868 
Nevarez Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jose Nevarez, aged 54, who settled in America, in 1917
- Manuel Nevarez, aged 45, who landed in America from Havana, Cuba, in 1923
- Manuela Nevarez, aged 59, who immigrated to the United States, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Nevarez (post 1700) +
- Poncho Nevarez (b. 1972), American politician, Democratic member of the Texas House of Representatives (2013-)
- Poncho Nevárez, American Democrat politician, Member of Texas State House of Representatives 74th District; Elected 2012 
- Carmen Nevarez, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Puerto Rico, 2004 
- Pedro Ávila Nevárez (b. 1937), Mexican politician affiliated to the Institutional Revolutionary Party
- Micaela Nevárez (b. 1972), Puerto Rican Goya Award and Spanish Actors Unions Award winning actress
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 18) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html