Neumeyer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Neumeyer family
The surname Neumeyer was first found in Bavaria, where the name Neumeier was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Neumeyer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Neumeyer research. Another 108 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1630, 1697 and 1765 are included under the topic Early Neumeyer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Neumeyer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Neumeier, Neumayer, Neumayr, Naimer, Neuenmayr, Neuenmeier, Newmeyer, Newmayor, MNewmeir and many more.
Early Notables of the Neumeyer family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Neumeyer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Neumeyer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Neumeyer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Jacob Neumeyer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 
- J Valentin Neumeyer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
Neumeyer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Herman Frederick Neumeyer, aged 23, who arrived in Missouri in 1840 
Contemporary Notables of the name Neumeyer (post 1700) +
- Fritz Neumeyer (1875-1935), German founder of Fritz Neumeyer AG, a German engineering firm that built steam engines in 1903
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)