The surname Neubigging was first found in Berwickshire where the name is derived from the North England and Scottish word for a building or house. "Hence the phrase 'new biggin' was and is applied to any considerable edifice recently constructed. "  One of the first recordings of the name was when "the vill and lands of Newbigging in the parish of Camwath, Lanarkshire was passed into possession of the Somervilles through marriage with the daughter and heiress of Walter of Newbigging about middle of thirteenth century. Alan de Neubigging was one of twelve knights appointed in 1249 to meet twelve from Eng land to settle the law of the marches. " 
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Neubigging research. Another 131 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1180 and 1367 are included under the topic Early Neubigging History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.