on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Neubauer family come from? What is the German Neubauer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Neubauer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Neubauer family history?The old German family name Neubauer is derived from several possible sources, and no doubt different families of this name emerged independently during the era in which surnames first began to be used. The Low German word 'nabur' meant "neighbor," and then came to be used as a surname. There was also a place named Nabern near Kustrin, a river so named in Wurtemburg, as well as a St. Nabor in the Alsace region.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Niebuhr, Niebur, Niebauer, Naber, Nabur, Nabor, Nabermann, Neibaur, Neibauer, Neibuhr, Neibur, Nieburg and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Neubauer research. Another 240 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1415, 1459, and 1857 are included under the topic Early Neubauer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Neubauer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Neubauer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joachim Neubauer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773
Neubauer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charlotte Neubauer, aged 34, arrived in America in 1839
- Johann Neubauer, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Joseph Neubauer, aged 8, landed in New York in 1854
- Elise Neubauer, aged 7, landed in New York in 1854
- Georg Neubauer, aged 39, arrived in New York in 1854
Neubauer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Aloise Neubauer, aged 25, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Anna Neubauer, who landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Anton Neubauer, aged 8, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Camilia Neubauer, aged 38, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Katherina Neubauer, aged 2, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Jeff Neubauer (b. 1971), American college basketball coach
- Paul Neubauer, youngest American principal player for the New York Philharmonic
- Joseph Neubauer (b. 1941), Jewish-American businessman
- Harold Charles Neubauer (1902-1949), American former Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Peter Neubauer (1913-2008), noted American child psychiatrist and psychoanalyst
- Chuck Neubauer (b. 1950), American Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Dagmar Neubauer (b. 1962), retired German Olympic sprinter
- Alfred Neubauer (1891-1980), German racing manager of the Mercedes Grand Prix team
- Harald Neubauer (b. 1951), German politician and journalist
- Sergej Neubauer (b. 1985), German football player
- The Schwobe Story by Bernadette Durben Bittner.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Neubauer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Neubauer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 November 2013 at 19:19.
on orders of $85 or more