100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Neubauer family come from? What is the German Neubauer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Neubauer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Neubauer family history?The old German family name Neubauer is derived from several possible sources, and no doubt different families of this name emerged independently during the era in which surnames first began to be used. The Low German word 'nabur' meant "neighbor," and then came to be used as a surname. There was also a place named Nabern near Kustrin, a river so named in Wurtemburg, as well as a St. Nabor in the Alsace region.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Niebuhr, Niebur, Niebauer, Naber, Nabur, Nabor, Nabermann, Neibaur, Neibauer, Neibuhr, Neibur, Nieburg and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Neubauer research. Another 240 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1415, 1459, and 1857 are included under the topic Early Neubauer History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Neubauer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Neubauer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joachim Neubauer, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773
Neubauer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charlotte Neubauer, aged 34, arrived in America in 1839
- Johann Neubauer, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Joseph Neubauer, aged 8, landed in New York in 1854
- Elise Neubauer, aged 7, landed in New York in 1854
- Georg Neubauer, aged 39, arrived in New York in 1854
Neubauer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Aloise Neubauer, aged 25, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Anna Neubauer, who landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Anton Neubauer, aged 8, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Camilia Neubauer, aged 38, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Katherina Neubauer, aged 2, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Chuck Neubauer (b. 1950), American Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Peter Neubauer (1913-2008), noted American child psychiatrist and psychoanalyst
- Harold Charles Neubauer (1902-1949), American former Major League Baseball relief pitcher
- Joseph Neubauer (b. 1941), Jewish-American businessman
- Paul Neubauer, youngest American principal player for the New York Philharmonic
- Jeff Neubauer (b. 1971), American college basketball coach
- Marlene Neubauer (1918-2010), German sculptor
- Sergej Neubauer (b. 1985), German football player
- Harald Neubauer (b. 1951), German politician and journalist
- Alfred Neubauer (1891-1980), German racing manager of the Mercedes Grand Prix team
- The Schwobe Story by Bernadette Durben Bittner.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
The Neubauer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Neubauer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 July 2015 at 19:58.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!