on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Italian Nazario family come from? What is the Italian Nazario family crest and coat of arms? When did the Nazario family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Nazario family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nazari, Nazzari, Nazzaro, Nazaro, Nazarius and others.
First found in Italy. Nazario has been found in almost every part of Italy, but in the north in particular. The spelling variations of the name which end in "i" are mostly from the north, while those that end in "o" are mostly from the south. The occurrences of the name in the south are mostly concentrated in Naples. The name comes from the town of Nazareth, where Jesus spent his youth. The name might have been given to someone who came from that town, but more likely it was an ornamental religious name, not directly related to the man who first bore it but rather a Biblical reference.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nazario research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1556, 1645, 1693 and 1758 are included under the topic Early Nazario History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nazario Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nazario Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francesco Nazario, aged 10, who landed in America, in 1896
Nazario Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gabriele Nazario, aged 33, who emigrated to America from Boynole, Italy, in 1910
- Maria Nazario, aged 20, who landed in America from Mincio, Italy, in 1910
- Raffaele Nazario, aged 50, who settled in America from Minori, Italy, in 1912
- Juan P. Nazario, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States, in 1918
- Antonio J. Nazario, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1919
- Sonia Nazario (b. 1960), American writer, winner of the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing, and the youngest writer to be hired by the Wall Street Journal
- Abel Nazario, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Puerto Rico, 2008
- Clemente Ruiz Nazario, the first Puerto Rican appointed as a District Judge in the United States District Court
- Lelo Nazario (b. 1956), award-winning Brazilian composer and pianist
- Ednita Nazario (b. 1955), Puerto Rican singer and songwriter and Puerto Rico's highest selling female balladeer
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Colletta, John P. Finding Italian Roots The Complete Guide for Americans. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2003. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Nazario Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Nazario Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2015 at 10:59.
on orders of $85 or more