on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Naude family come from? What is the French Naude family crest and coat of arms? When did the Naude family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Naude family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nadeau, Nadot, Nadau, Nadaud, Nadauld, Nadault, Nadin and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this important family was anciently seated.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Naude research. Another 255 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1629, 1685, 1691, 1701, 1712, 1770, 1775, 1779, 1815, 1820, 1874, 1893, 1895, and 1898 are included under the topic Early Naude History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 97 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Naude Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Joseph Nadeau dit Bélair, who settled in Quebec in the 1700's; Jean Nadal, who arrived in Louisiana in 1756; George Nadin, who settled in Philadelphia in 1873..
- Johan Naude, South African surgeon and urologist, known for his work with the heart transplant surgeon Christian Barnard
- Helmuth Naudé (1904-1943), German modern pentathlete at the 1932 Summer Olympics
- Jozua François "Tom" Naudé (1889-1969), South African politician, Acting State President of South Africa from 1967 to 1968
- Elizna Naudé (b. 1978), South African eight-time gold medalist discus thrower
- Christiaan Frederick Beyers Naudé (1915-2004), South African cleric, theologian and leading Afrikaner anti-apartheid activist
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
The Naude Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Naude Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 July 2015 at 14:04.
on orders of $85 or more