on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Nau family come from? What is the French Nau family crest and coat of arms? When did the Nau family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Nau family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Naud, Nault, Neault, Naudet, Naudé, Naudin, Naudy, Naudet and many more.
First found in Champagne, where early members of the lineage first settled. The name can also be traced to the Isle of France.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nau research. Another 73 words(5 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1654, 1743, and 1780 are included under the topic Early Nau History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 121 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Nau Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Hans Nau, who landed in New York in 1709
- Rene Nau, who arrived in New York in 1798
Nau Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franz Nau, aged 48, landed in Missouri in 1848
- Johannes Nau, aged 30, landed in New York, NY in 1854
- Balthasar Nau, aged 2, arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1854
- Christine Nau, aged 21, landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1854
- Jacob Nau, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1860
Nau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Paul Nau, who arrived in Arkansas in 1903
Nau Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Baptiste Nau, who landed in Canada in 1643
Nau Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Barbara Nau, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Conrad Nau, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Margreta Nau, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Theodorus Nau, who landed in Nova Scotia in 1757
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Nau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Nau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 March 2014 at 17:02.
on orders of $85 or more