Natale History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Natale can be traced back to the ancient and beautiful region of Venice. Although people were originally known only by a single name, it became necessary for people to adopt a second name to identify themselves as populations grew and travel became more frequent. The process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames was not complete until the modern era, but the use of hereditary family names in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries. Italian hereditary surnames were developed according to fairly general principles and they were characterized by a profusion of derivatives coined from given names. The most common type of family name found in the region of Venice is the patronymic surname, which is derived from the father's given name. During the Middle Ages, Italians adopted the patronymic system of name-making because it perfectly complemented the prevailing Feudal System. In Italy the popularity of patronymic type of surname is also due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures. The surname Natale came from the given name Natali, which is based on a saint's name or is a nickname for one who was born on the feast of Christmas. The name Natali derives from the Latin word natilis, which was later used to describe Christmas Day.
Early Origins of the Natale family
The surname Natale was first found in the town of Oderzo, which lies north of Venice. Records show that the Nadale family moved from Oderzo to Venice in 1297.
Early History of the Natale family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Natale research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1315, 1550, 1817, 1418, 1504, 1652, 1722, 1575 and 1867 are included under the topic Early Natale History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Natale Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Natale include Natali, Natale, Nadali, Nadale, Natoli, Nataletti, Nadalet, Natalini, Nadalini, Nadalin, Natalucci, Nataloni, Natalizi, Natalizio, Natalut, Nadalutti, Naletto, Nadini, Nadin, Nalato and many more.
Early Notables of the Natale family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Gaspare Nadi (1418-1504), an Italian builder famous for his diary; Giuseppe Natali (1652-1722), an Italian painter of the Baroque period; and Tommaso Natale of Palermo, a famous novelist around 1575. From the Natale family of Trani came many religious men: Alberto Natale, Cardinal of S.R. Chiesa; Pietro Natale, Bishop of Aquileia; Guerardo Natale, minister of the Dominican Order of Monks; Protasio, minister of...
Another 70 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Natale Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Natale is the 5,117th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Natale migration to the United States +
Immigrants bearing the name Natale or a variant listed above include:
Natale Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Natale, who settled in South Carolina in 1849
- Batista Natale, who settled in Alabama in 1856
- Batista Natale, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1856 
- Giuseppe Natale, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1899
Natale Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Biscioio Natale, who settled in Illinois in 1902
Contemporary Notables of the name Natale (post 1700) +
- Andrea Natale M.D., Italian-born, American cardiologist and electrophysiologist, known for his work on heart rhythm diseases (arrhythmias)
- Vickie Lynn Natale, American winner on the CBS's version of the Star Search television programme in 2003
- Patrick Michael Natale (b. 1968), American attorney and politician, Member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives (2005-2009)
- Antonio Di Natale (b. 1977), Italian footballer
- Louis "Lou" Natale (b. 1950), Canadian Genie Award winning and six-time Genie Award nominated composer, founder of Natale Music in 1981
- Richard Di Natale (b. 1970), Australian politician
- Natale Spinello (b. 1947), Italian rower who competed in the men's coxless four event at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Natale H. Bellocchi (1926-2014), American diplomat, Ambassador to Botswana (1985-1988), Chairman of the American Institute in Taiwan (1990-1995)
- Natale H. Bellochi (b. 1926), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Botswana, 1985
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)