Nader History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Nader family
The surname Nader was first found in Bohemia, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation and would later play a large role in the political conflicts of the area. The family branched into numerous houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions, where they played significant roles in the social and political affairs. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cunrad Nadler of Eger, Bohemia, in 1320, and Wenczel Nodler of Olmuetz, Moravia, in 1384. Over time, various suffixes were attached to the name among various branches of the family, thus the name "Nadelcziher" appears in chronicles of the Bohemian town Iglau in 1396. The Silesian variation "Noldner" first appears in chronicles of Liegnitz in 1566, which speak of a Thomas e. Noldner.
Important Dates for the Nader family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nader research. Another 193 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1537 and 1628 are included under the topic Early Nader History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nader Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Nader, Nadel, Nadler, Naeder, Naedele, Naedler, Naedeler, Neder, Nedel, Naedel, Nedele, Nadere, Nadele, Naedere, Nedere, Nade, Nadl, Nadle, Naedl, Nadlere, Naede, Nede, Noldner (Silesia), Noeldner (Silesia), Noellner (Silesia), Nedler, Nedeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Nader family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nader Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Nader family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Wilhelm Nadler, who came to Philadelphia in 1769. J.M. Nadle settled in New Orleans in 1823; Jacob Nedele came to Philadelphia in 1868; while Frederick Naderler arrived in 1860..
Contemporary Notables of the name Nader (post 1700)
- Rose Nader (1906-2006), American social activist and mother of Ralph Nader
- Ralph Nader (b. 1934), American attorney, citizen activist and four time third party presidential candidate
- Michael Nader (b. 1945), American actor
- Laura Nader, American professor of anthropology
- George Nader, Arab-American actor and uncle of Michael Nader
- Tim Nader, American politician, Mayor of Chula Vista, California; Elected 1991
- Ralph Nader (b. 1934), American politician, Candidate for President of the United States, 1996 (Green), 2000 (Green), 2004 (Independent), 2008 (Independent)
- Hassan Nader, retired Moroccan football player