Early Origins of the Naden family
The surname Naden was first found in Bohemia, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation and would later play a large role in the political conflicts of the area. The family branched into numerous houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions, where they played significant roles in the social and political affairs. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cunrad Nadler of Eger, Bohemia, in 1320, and Wenczel Nodler of Olmuetz, Moravia, in 1384. Over time, various suffixes were attached to the name among various branches of the family, thus the name "Nadelcziher" appears in chronicles of the Bohemian town Iglau in 1396. The Silesian variation "Noldner" first appears in chronicles of Liegnitz in 1566, which speak of a Thomas e. Noldner.
Early History of the Naden family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Naden research.Another 274 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1537 and 1628 are included under the topic Early Naden History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Naden Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Nader, Nadel, Nadler, Naeder, Naedele, Naedler, Naedeler, Neder, Nedel, Naedel, Nedele, Nadere, Nadele, Naedere, Nedere, Nade, Nadl, Nadle, Naedl, Nadlere, Naede, Nede, Noldner (Silesia), Noeldner (Silesia), Noellner (Silesia), Nedler, Nedeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Naden family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Naden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Naden family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Naden Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Greatex Naden, aged 38, who arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Dunedin" in 1875
- Clara Naden, aged 38, who arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Dunedin" in 1875
- Elizabeth Naden, aged 17, who arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Dunedin" in 1875
- Louisa Naden, aged 16, who arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Dunedin" in 1875
- Emma Naden, aged 14, who arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Dunedin" in 1875
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Naden (post 1700)
- Robert W. Naden, American politician, Speaker of the Iowa State House of Representatives, 1963-64
- James Rupert Naden (1889-1963), English cricketer who played two first-class games for Worcestershire in midsummer 1922
- George Ratcliffe Naden (1865-1953), English-born, Canadian financial and insurance agent and politician who represented Greenwood in the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia from 1907 to 1909
- Gavan Naden, English award winning journalist and author
- Constance Caroline Woodhill Naden (1858-1889), English writer, poet and philosopher