Early Origins of the Nadel family
The surname Nadel was first found in Bohemia, where the family contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation and would later play a large role in the political conflicts of the area. The family branched into numerous houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions, where they played significant roles in the social and political affairs. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cunrad Nadler of Eger, Bohemia, in 1320, and Wenczel Nodler of Olmuetz, Moravia, in 1384. Over time, various suffixes were attached to the name among various branches of the family, thus the name "Nadelcziher" appears in chronicles of the Bohemian town Iglau in 1396. The Silesian variation "Noldner" first appears in chronicles of Liegnitz in 1566, which speak of a Thomas e. Noldner.
Early History of the Nadel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Nadel research.Another 274 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1537 and 1628 are included under the topic Early Nadel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Nadel Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Nader, Nadel, Nadler, Naeder, Naedele, Naedler, Naedeler, Neder, Nedel, Naedel, Nedele, Nadere, Nadele, Naedere, Nedere, Nade, Nadl, Nadle, Naedl, Nadlere, Naede, Nede, Noldner (Silesia), Noeldner (Silesia), Noellner (Silesia), Nedler, Nedeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Nadel family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Nadel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Nadel family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Wilhelm Nadler, who came to Philadelphia in 1769. J.M. Nadle settled in New Orleans in 1823; Jacob Nedele came to Philadelphia in 1868; while Frederick Naderler arrived in 1860..
Contemporary Notables of the name Nadel (post 1700)
- Jack Nadel (1923-2016), American author, entrepreneur and proponent of ethics in business
- Monroe Stanley Nadel, American landscape architect
- Bernard Nadel, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1956, 1960
- Barbara Nadel, English crime-writer, and previous winner of the CWA Silver Dagger
- Siegfried Frederick Nadel (1903-1956), Austrian-born British anthropologist, specializing in African ethnology
- Eric Nadel (b. 1951), sports announcer on radio broadcasts for the Texas Rangers baseball organization
- Charlotte Nadel, Brooklyn physician from Romania