on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Myatt family come from? What is the French Myatt family crest and coat of arms? When did the Myatt family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Myatt family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Millet, Milliet, Millez, Millais, Millay, Millets, Milet, Milez, Milais, Milets, Milay, de Millet and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been traced from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Myatt research. Another 367 words(26 lines of text) covering the years 1450, 1539, 1572, 1582, 1686, 1719, 1810, 1813, 1814, and 1875 are included under the topic Early Myatt History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 91 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Myatt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jean Millot settled in Quebec in 1654; Jacques Millet settled in Louisiana in 1719; Caleb Millet settled in Barbados in 1699; Mary Millett settled in Boston in 1768.
- George Edward Myatt (1914-2000), American infielder, coach and interim manager in American Major League Baseball League
- Beth Myatt, contemporary American television actress
- Glenn Myatt (1897-1969), American professional baseball player
- Tony Myatt, English radio presenter
- John Myatt (b. 1945), British painter of forged works
- Hugo Myatt, British actor
- Sir Herbert William Myatt (b. 1865), British Solicitor of Croyden, Surrey
- Mr. Edward Myatt (1871-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Mr. Oliver Myatt (1857-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Mr. George Myatt (1852-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the Halifax Explosion on 6th December 1917
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
The Myatt Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Myatt Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more