Myatt History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Myatt family
The surname Myatt was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been traced from ancient times.
The family branched into Ile-de-France, Bourgogne, Dauphiné, Lorraine, Savoie, and they became the Barons of Challes and Barons of Faverges. Among the most recognized were: Theodore Millet, Colonel, who was named Knight of the Empire in 1810, then Baron of the Empire in 1813; Jean-François Millet (1814-1875), who was a talented painter, designer, and engraver. Today, parts of France are proud to be associated with such a dedicated family.
Important Dates for the Myatt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Myatt research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1450, 1539, 1572, 1582, 1686, 1719, 1810, 1813, 1814, and 1875 are included under the topic Early Myatt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Myatt Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Millet, Milliet, Millez, Millais, Millay, Millets, Milet, Milez, Milais, Milets, Milay, de Millet and many more.
Early Notables of the Myatt family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Theodore Millet, Colonel, Knight of the Empire; Francisque Millet (1642-1679), also known as Jean-François Milée or Millet I, a...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Myatt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Myatt family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jean Millot settled in Quebec in 1654; Jacques Millet settled in Louisiana in 1719; Caleb Millet settled in Barbados in 1699; Mary Millett settled in Boston in 1768.
Contemporary Notables of the name Myatt (post 1700)
- George Edward Myatt (1914-2000), American infielder, coach and interim manager in American Major League Baseball League
- Glenn Myatt (1897-1969), American professional baseball player
- Beth Myatt, contemporary American television actress
- Linda Myatt, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 2012 
- J. Walter Myatt, American politician, Member of North Carolina State House of Representatives from Johnston County, 1909-10 
- Emily Myatt, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 1980 
- Art Myatt, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 2012 
- Sir Herbert William Myatt (b. 1865), British Solicitor of Croyden, Surrey
- Hugo Myatt, British actor
- John Myatt (b. 1945), British painter of forged works
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Historic Events for the Myatt family
- Mr. George Myatt (1852-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the explosion 
- Mr. Oliver Myatt (1857-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the explosion 
- Mr. Edward Myatt (1871-1917), Canadian resident from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada who died in the explosion 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Halifax Explosion Book of Remembrance | Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. (Retrieved 2014, June 23) . Retrieved from https://maritimemuseum.novascotia.ca/what-see-do/halifax-explosion/halifax-explosion-book-remembrance