Musumeci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Musumeci family
The surname Musumeci was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia) in Emilia where it is the capital of the province of Bologna. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Musumeci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Musumeci research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Musumeci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Musumeci Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Massimilli, Massimulla, Massimucci, Massimicci, Mussimucci and many more.
Early Notables of the Musumeci family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Musumeci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Musumeci migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Musumeci Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Musumeci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Musumeci, aged 1, who immigrated to the United States from S. Gregorio Catania, Sicily, in 1910
- Angela Musumeci, aged 11, who landed in America from Unguaglossa Calania, Italy, in 1911
- Adelena Musumeci, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States from Aei Castello, Italy, in 1911
- Antonio Musumeci, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Aci So. Antonio, Italy, in 1911
- Antonina Musumeci, aged 17, who settled in America from Aci Castello, Sicily, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Musumeci (post 1700)
- Nina Musumeci (b. 1986), American beauty queen who competed in the Miss Teen USA pageant in 2003
- Maddalena Musumeci (b. 1976), Italian two-time gold, silver and bronze medalist female water polo defender
- Pietro Musumeci, former general and deputy director of Italy's military intelligence agency
- Sebastiano "Nello" Musumeci (b. 1955), Italian politician
You May Also Like