Early Origins of the Musco family
The surname Musco was first found in Pisa a town in Tuscany
, capital of the province of Pisa. Historically, Pisa in it's inter city war in 1003 with Lucca was forced into building its own navy. Then, under threat from the Saracens from Sicily
, it found itself the aggressor against Calabria, Sicily
and even in Africa. In 1062 their ships returned from Palermo laden with spoil. But with the Norman Conquest
they became less profitable. They continued considerable rivalry with Florence and Genoa. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Musco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Musco research.Another 223 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1016, 1167, 1550, 1732, 1530 and 1593 are included under the topic Early Musco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Musco Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Mosca, Moschi, Musca, Muscas, Moschella, Moschelli, Moscarella, Moscarello, Moschetta, Moschetto, Moschini, Moscon and many more.
Early Notables of the Musco family (pre 1700)
Another 18 words (1 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Musco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Musco family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Musco Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Salvator Musco, who arrived in Virginia in 1741 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Musco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Domcenico Musco, aged 9, who landed in America, in 1897
Musco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alfonso Musco, aged 35, who settled in America from Caiuzzi, Italy, in 1905
- Cesareo Musco, aged 9, who emigrated to the United States from Sortino, Sicily, in 1910
- Filippa Musco, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from Messina, Mistretta, Italy, in 1911
- Domenico Musco, aged 34, who landed in America from Strongoli, Italy, in 1913
- Baffaele Musco, aged 29, who emigrated to America from Catrone, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Musco (post 1700)
- Stefano Musco, Italian Grand Prix motorcycle racer
- Angelo Musco (1872-1937), Italian actor in theater and film
- Angelo Musco (b. 1973), Italian-born visual artist from Naples, who has worked in New York City since 1997