Murillo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Murillo comes from the Latin "murus," meaning wall, and as a surname, the name was no doubt taken on by someone who lived near such a fortification, or who was named after a place so-named.
Early Origins of the Murillo family
The surname Murillo was first found in Aragon, in the Jaca mountains of Spain.
Early History of the Murillo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Murillo research. Another 55 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1617 and 1682 are included under the topic Early Murillo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Murillo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Muro, Muriel, Murillo, Mur, Murat, Mura and others.
Early Notables of the Murillo family (pre 1700)
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Murillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Murillo is the 1,564th most popular surname with an estimated 19,896 people with that name. 
Murillo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Murillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Misl Murillo, aged 30, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1836 
- Miguel Murillo, aged 29, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1837 
- Sebastian Murillo, aged 26, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1879 
- Juan Murillo, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1879 
Contemporary Notables of the name Murillo (post 1700) +
- Jared Makaio Murillo (b. 1988), American professional dancer
- Juan Bravo Murillo (1803-1873), Spanish politician, jurist and economist
- Bartolomé Esteban Murillo (1618-1682), Spanish painter
- Rafael Moya Murillo (1799-1894), Costa Rican politician
- José Luis Valencia Murillo (b. 1982), Ecuadorian footballer
- Miguel Murillo (b. 1988), Colombian footballer
- Juan Engelberth Murillo (b. 1982), male professional road racing cyclist from Venezuela
- Óscar Fabián Murillo (b. 1988), Colombian footballer
- Rosario Murillo (b. 1951), Nicaraguan poet and revolutionary
- Pedro Domingo Murillo (1757-1810), patriot of Upper Peru who played a key role in Bolivia's independence
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)